Background (Pookie)

Thursday, July 22, 2010

My First DMB Experience!!!




And what an experience it was! =) I had so many friends coming up through the years who were just OBSESSED with Dave Matthews. I thought they were rather talented but I liked a little different genre of music and didn't quite understand the big deal with these guys. My best friend of 17 years who was the main person obsessed with them kept trying to get me to understand but I just never could...which all changed after my first time seeing them in concert last night!

Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE HUGE lover of anything music related - I play 4 instruments and have traveled to sing to several states and different places all across my state...but STILL just didn't get Dave. And I'm not even sure that I can explain how great they are now after seeing them but it was just phenomenal. I've never heard anyone (other than John Legend) who was was better in concert than on their albums.

The reason we even got to go was kind of a fluke. Justin wanted lawn seats but the entire concert was sold out. Then a friend from college sent him a message on FB saying she had 2 tickets but they were seats (and $30 more a ticket for the seats). He went back and forth for 4 days about whether or not he wanted them then sends me a picture on my phone of the tickets around 2 yesterday afternoon lol. Thank GOODNESS I didn't have to work today or I wouldn't have been able to go because it was exhausting! We saw them in Charlotte, NC which was about an hour and a half from our hometown in SC but we go to Charlotte all the time so it was no biggie.

All in all the concert was AWESOME! If nothing else, the sport of people watching was HYSTERICAL. Couples hardcore making out spilling their $11 beers all over each other, someone throwing up what looked to be Cap'n Crunch, and people making friends just by liking the sports team on their hat haha. DMB isn't touring next year and I know his show next Tuesday in ATL is sold out but if you have a chance to see him, I HIGHLY reccommend it!! I'll shut up for now and post a few pics =)




1 comment:

  1. They are great live. I haven't seen them without the original sax guy since he passed years ago but I wouldn't expect anything less of DMB

    ReplyDelete